Educational and methodological association on the specialty “Physical Culture and Sport” (FKiS) and “Tourism” on the basis of the Kazakh Academy of Sports and Tourism carries out its activities in accordance with the Regulations on the Republican Educational and Methodological Council of Higher and Post-Graduate Education, approved by the order of the Minister of Education and Science Of the Republic of Kazakhstan from 14 January 2011 No. 14.
The UMO on the specialty “Physical Culture and Sport” includes the chairman – the pro-rector for teaching and methodical work Dur Nurmuhanbetova, representatives of 19 leading universities of the republic, employers – representatives of schools, colleges, sports organizations.
On a specialty “Tourism” the chairman – the rector of academy, doctor PhD Zakirjanov BK representatives of 10 leading universities of the republic, as well as the employer of the president of the Kazakhstan Tourist Association and the Kazakhstan Association of Hotels and Restaurants Shaykenova P.P.
The main activities of the UMO “Physical Culture and Sport” (FKiS) and “Tourism” are:
– Coordination of educational and methodological work of universities, leading personnel training in the educational programs of the specialty “Physical Culture and Sport” (FKiS) and “Tourism”;
– preparation of recommendations on the list of specialties and educational programs taking into account the needs of the labor market, the opening of new specialties;
– preparation of recommendations on the improvement of state compulsory programs of higher and postgraduate education at the request of RUMS;
– preparation of recommendations on updating and improving the content of educational programs of higher, postgraduate and additional education;
– development of standard curricula in the specialties of higher and postgraduate education and standard curriculum disciplines of the compulsory component of the specialty “Physical Culture and Sports” (FPiS) and “Tourism”;
– providing universities with standard curriculum disciplines of the obligatory component;
– discussion of the provision of higher education institutions with normative and methodological and educational documentation for the preparation of bachelors, masters, doctors PhD;
– monitoring the provision of textbooks and teaching aids specialties of higher and postgraduate education;
– Examination, review of prepared textbooks, teaching aids, educational programs of higher, postgraduate and additional education, test tasks of different levels and different purposes;
– introduction of recommendations on the formation of a list of textbooks, teaching aids, including the stamp of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as educational literature, educational and methodological complexes and allowances permitted for use in the educational process for higher and postgraduate education;
– consideration of recommendations on the definition of subjects in the conduct of external evaluation of educational achievements of students of higher educational institutions (VOUD);
– discussion and preparation of recommendations on the introduction of innovative educational technologies, analysis and generalization of the practice of introducing credit and distance learning technologies;
– dissemination of best practices, including the introduction of multilingual education, a dual training system, development of recommendations for improving the learning process;
– assistance in the implementation of the program for the development and implementation of the state language in higher education institutions in accordance with the legislative acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
– study, compilation and dissemination of best practices of foreign universities in order to develop harmonized methodologies, standards, criteria, guidelines and procedures for assessing and ensuring the quality of education;
– participation in the development and examination of draft normative legal acts and documents on higher and postgraduate education, as well as in the organization and holding of conferences, seminars and meetings on the problems of higher education.