Mission, goals and objectives
Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism
Mission of the Academy:
Ensuring the high quality of training specialists in various fields in the spheres of physical culture, sports, tourism, hotel and restaurant business that are in demand in the society, capable of actively influencing the social and economic development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, meeting the demand of the labor market and meeting the international standard of education.
The goal is to enter the number of leading specialized universities of the countries of the Eurasian space by 2020 to train specialists with a high level of professional knowledge, innovative approaches and scientific and research skills.
– Conformity of the presented educational services with national and international standards;
– formation of the international image of the Academy as the leading educational, scientific and sports center of the country;
– Ensuring effective personnel management, which contributes to raising the level of competence of employees, their interest in the results of their work, increasing the overall welfare;
– active promotion of the development of the tourism and hospitality industry in Kazakhstan through the implementation of scientific projects and training of qualified personnel;
– Creation of a modern educational, scientific and sports facilities and conditions that ensure the high quality of the presentation of educational and social services.
Principles of activity:
– compliance with laws, legislative and regulatory acts, labor and health protection of employees and students;
– a high level of responsibility of employees for the quality of work performed on their site;
– a democratic approach in management activities, targeted activities of all structural units to perform the tasks assigned;
– constant control over the quality of work;
– Creation of a team of professionals who are generators of ideas and innovations.
The mission, purpose and objectives of the Academy are consistent with the goals and objectives of the national education system and the trends of innovative development of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The Academy is aimed at implementing a set of measures to improve the quality of training personnel, allowing it to be competitive, effectively implement their professional knowledge and practical skills, in accordance with the state’s strategic goals in the field, physical culture, sports and tourism.
The Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism is the only specialized university in Kazakhstan for training personnel in various areas of the physical culture, sports and tourism industry.
The Academy represents a range of educational services, introducing new educational programs, carries out applied and fundamental scientific research, implements scientific and methodological support for the preparation of the RK national teams for the Olympic Games and other world championships.
The history of KazAST, the oldest educational institution in Kazakhstan, is closely connected with the history of the development of national sports, the formation and prosperity of our state.
In November 1944, the Kazakh Institute of Physical Culture was established, which, on the basis of the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of 28.10.1998. №1091 was renamed into the Kazakh State Academy of Sport and Tourism, and on April 19, 2001, For № 526 by the Decree of the Government of the RK the academy was reorganized into CJSC “Kazakh Academy of Sports and Tourism” and in the same year by the decision of the general meeting of Shareholders it was transformed into JSC “Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism”.
The Academy staff managed not only to preserve, but also to creatively multiply the rich traditions of the Kazakh Institute of Physical Culture. The Academy has successfully passed state and public stages of control, today it is confidently leading in the National rating among the universities of Kazakhstan in the specialties “Physical Culture and Sport”, “Tourism” and does not intend to stop at the achieved boundaries.
In general, over the years of its activity, KazAST has trained more than 25,000 professionals who have ensured and are ensuring widespread introduction of physical culture into the life of a multinational Kazakhstan. 40 pupils became Honored trainers of the USSR, 510- Honored trainers of Kazakhstan. Only 16 Doctors and 86 Candidates of Science have prepared the Academy’s scientists for the years of Independence for the universities of Kazakhstan. The graduates-champions of the Olympic Games, who won 57 medals, among them 29 gold ones, occupy an especially bright page in the sports life of the university. Students-athletes of the Academy form the basis of the national student team of Kazakhstan, during which 24 gold, 39 silver and 47 bronze medals were won at the Universiade. All these and many other sports achievements are provided by coaches, who in their majority are graduates of the Academy. The faculty trains specialists who are able to train not only world-class athletes, but also to fully realize the richest possibilities of physical culture, sports and tourism for the comprehensive development of the individual and the strengthening of the nation’s health.
From 1998 to 2009, the Academy was the only doctoral dissertational council in Central Asia specializing in “Theory and Methods of Physical Education, Sport Training, Healthy and Adaptive Physical Education”. At the Academy there are republican educational and methodological councils in the specialties “Physical Culture and Sport”, “Tourism”.
In 2013, the Academy became a full member of the Bologna Process by signing the Bologna Convention. The Academy successfully passed the state certification in 2012, and in 2013 accreditation for the right to conduct research work at the expense of the state budget (the certificate is attached).
In 2013, the graduates of the Academy of the specialty “Physical Culture and Sports” successfully passed a new form of state control of knowledge – an external evaluation of educational achievements (VOUD), gaining 72.9 points.
In the majority of sports youth of Kazakhstan, wishing to receive a worthy education and successfully continue their sports career, choose KazTEST, as evidenced, for example, by the following fact. In 2013, out of 730 state employees allocated for the specialty “Physical Culture and Sport” in the general competition, in which 28 universities took part, the university entrants won 562 grants (73%).
In 2013/14 academic year, 2,430 people study at the academy, including 1250 to the state student, 1127 people on a contractual basis. And under the grant of the Academy 53 people. Among the studying students are 7 Honored masters of sports, 73 masters of sports of international class and 310 masters of sports.
In 2009, on the initiative of the Academy, the International Association of Universities for Physical Culture and Sports was established and legally registered with the headquarters in Almaty. Its members are the 53 leading sports universities of the countries of the world community, and its president is the first head of KazAST Zakiryanov K.К. Within the framework of the Association’s activities, the Academy concluded 27 agreements with foreign universities on cooperation in the field of education, science, sports and tourism.
On the basis of the Academy in 2004, 2009 and 2014, one of the largest forums of sports science is held-the International Scientific Congress “Olympic Sport and Sport for All”. All this testifies to the recognition of the merits and authority of KazAST by the world sports and scientific community.
At present, the structure and composition of the Academy includes 3 faculties- “Olympic Sports”, “Professional Sports and Combat Sports”, “Tourism and Service”; Center for training, retraining and advanced training of personnel; 2 SRI: Research Institute of Sports, SRI of Tourism; Office of Personnel, Accounting, Marketing and International Programs; Department of research work and postgraduate education; Educational and methodical department; Office registration; Department of construction, design and procurement; Information and technical department; library; Legal department; A museum of Olympic and sports glory, a first-aid post, public catering points and other.
To implement the mission, goals and objectives, KazAst creates its own organizational structure that dynamically develops taking into account changes in the external environment and the need to increase the efficiency of resource use (application).
The priorities of the development of education, defined in the State Program for the Development of Education in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2011-2020, in the Law “On Science”, President N.A. Nazarbayev “… up to 30% of Kazakhstanis should be involved in mass sports” became the basis for reviewing the current management structure in 2011-2013.
The post of the rector of the Academy has been introduced, which manages the internal activities of the academy, new duties of the Vice-President are defined, which oversees the work of construction, design, procurement, operation of buildings and structures. The post of pro-rector whose activity is directed to the development of academy, marketing and international programs was introduced. For the development of children’s and youth sports, the creation of potential future applicants for KazAST, six registered academies of Olympic champions are opened for gifted children: gymnastics, skiing, football, volleyball, basketball, weightlifting. The departments of office registration, the information and technical center, the faculty for upgrading the qualifications have been transformed into a center for training, retraining and advanced training.
The educational activity of the Academy is realized in accordance with the state license of series AB № 0137383 issued by the Kazakh Academy of Sports and Tourism (Almaty) by the Committee for Control in Education and Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated May 27, 2010 for the right to conduct educational activities in Sphere of higher and postgraduate education and a license for bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral studies.
In carrying out its activities, the Academy is also guided by the following basic organizational, legal, legal and local documents:
– by the charter of JSC “Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism”, approved by the General Meeting of Shareholders dated 31/05/2012;
– a collective agreement between the administration and the labor collective approved by the KSU “Office of the State Labor Inspectorate and Migration of the City of Almaty” No. 31-АL of 06.03.2014;
– internal regulations, approved by the Scientific Council of December 27, 2013. № 4;
– Regulations and operating mode of KazAST for 2013-2014 academic year (approved by the Academic Council of 11.05.2013 No. 11);
– Provisions on the Academic Council and the administration, the provisions of the educational and service units of the university in accordance with the organizational structure;
– job descriptions of performers;
– other normative and administrative documentation (regulated procedures, academy standards, methodological instructions, work instructions, etc.).
In the management of various areas of the Academy (educational, methodical, scientific, educational), the following administrative documents are applied: the orders of the President of the AO and the rector of KazAST, decisions of collegial bodies (rectorate, academic council, training council), directions for activities, documents on Personnel (orders for personnel, including students, undergraduates), planned, analytical, reporting, financial and accounting documents.
The normative-reference and organizational and administrative documentation regulating the activities of KazAS is in accordance with the legislation in force in the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Charter of the university, it is constantly improving, in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, with the goals and objectives of the Academy.
In all departments of KazAST, office work is organized, there is an assortment of cases approved and coordinated with the state archive, preservation and archiving of documents is ensured, work is underway to transfer to electronic document circulation. Operative familiarization of performers with information is carried out electronically through direct mailing and bulletin board on the internal information and educational portal of the local network.
The mission, strategy, main priorities, the policy of the Academy are aimed at preserving the leading positions in the market of educational services, international integration with partners of near and far abroad, training specialists in demand for society, forming high moral qualities, educating worthy citizens of the country.
Originally, the foundations of the mission, goals and objectives were laid in the Strategy for the Development of KazAST for 2006-2010, adopted at a meeting of the Academic Council on July 8, 2006.
In 2010 the program of innovative development of KazAST for 2010-2014 was developed and approved. “The way to well-being and material well-being through quality education”. The priorities of the development of education, identified in the State Program for the Development of Education in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2011-2020, the Law “On Science” became the basis for the creation of a new version of the mission, the strategy of which was the preservation of the leading positions of KazAST in the market of educational services, the development of educational services, Innovative and information technologies. As a result of discussion of the mission in all structural divisions, the development program of KazAST for 2011-2020 was developed and approved by the Academic Council. (The program is attached)
Participation of the teaching staff and students in the development, discussion and implementation of the mission, goals and objectives of the Academy was carried out according to a unified scheme applicable to most documents being prepared at the academy. The administration, the administration and the Academic Council of the university are leaders in the implementation of the mission, goals and objectives and strive, based on the possibilities, to provide staff with material and other resources. Employees of the university, being competent specialists in their fields, make efforts to ensure that the university received a well-deserved recognition, had an impeccable image and took a leading position in the domestic and foreign markets for educational services and scientific products.
KazAST is oriented towards real and potential employers and consumers of educational services. Employees of the university, led by the leadership, analyze the market needs through a multi-level system of communication with employers and consumers of educational services, understand the existing requirements, as well as in the future requirements. Administration in the framework of the formation of a corporate culture strives to achieve a balance of all stakeholders, allowing employees and students to be involved in the process of making and achieving strategic goals.
In general, the involvement of the staff, staff and students in the development and implementation of documents, including the mission, the strategy is ensured by a set of activities formed in the team.
The process of participation of teaching staff, students, employees is presented in Scheme 1.
The process of participation of teaching staff, students and staff in the development of missions, goals and objectives:
Creation of a team of mission developers, goals and objectives
Discussion of the mission, goals and objectives at the meetings of the departments, deans, in structural units, with student activists
Expertise of the document by the most experienced specialists, adjustment
Approval of the mission, goals and objectives and a program for their implementation at the Academic Council
Adoption of annual tasks at meetings of faculty councils, departments
Approval of annual goals and objectives by the rector or the President
In the program for the development of the Academy for 2011-2020. The main goal is to realize new conceptual approaches in the educational, scientific, educational and social processes, provide high quality training of specialists in the field of physical culture, sports and tourism and become an elite institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the international community.
Our vision of the state of the Academy by 2020:
Integration into the world education space; Orientation to the needs of the labor market; Improvement and development of new educational programs at all levels of education; Use of a wide range of innovative educational technologies; Integration of science, education and practice; Effective management of the quality of the educational process. The high quality of education and science, the training of scientific and pedagogical staff, coaches for domestic sport, tourism managers, the introduction of scientific developments in the practice of mass physical culture, sports and tourism will make a significant contribution not only to the image of the Academy, its financial stability, but in general Promote the development of the country’s economy, the social well-being of people and the international authority of Kazakhstan in the world sports arena.
The implementation of the Kazast Development Program is carried out in two stages:
The first stage is 2011-2015. At this stage, the material and technical and sports facilities are being further developed, the creation of new educational programs, the opening of new specializations and specialties, the improvement of priority areas, the introduction of a wide range of innovative educational technologies, the introduction of advanced standards at all levels of education, the upgrading of the teaching staff in foreign universities On new directions.
In accordance with the approved Program for Innovative Development of the Academy, the following will be implemented:
– Establishment of a close bilateral relationship with employers, Federations by sport, heads of tourism organizations, restaurant and hotel business, in order to study the labor market, the need for personnel, conduct professional practices, provide employment for graduates (since 2011)
– Opening of new specializations in national sports (2011);
– Development of new and demanded educational programs in the field of “Physical Culture and Sport”, “Tourism” (2013);
– signing the Bologna Declaration (2013);
– introduction into the production process of an automated control system (by 2014);
– the publication of textbooks, teaching aids (including electronic media) in all disciplines in Kazakh and Russian that define basic knowledge (2011-2015);
– the creation of an electronic library on the specialty “Physical Culture and Sport”, concentrating in it the best (created in the universities of the CIS) textbooks on disciplines (2015);
– the passage of an independent national institutional accreditation according to international standards (2013-2014);
– introduction of a system of credits for credit technology by the type of the European credit transfer system (ESTC) (2013);
– introduction of corporate governance principles (2015);
– publication in scientific journals with a high impact factor (2015 – 1% of the total);
– Creation of an inter-departmental research laboratory for the medical-biological and psychological-pedagogical direction (2014);
– holding the International Scientific Congress “Olympic Sport and Sport for All” (2014);
– construction of gyms, weightlifting, boxing, fencing, fitness hall, tennis courts, volleyball courts, a football field, a sports complex, a sports hall, a ski-slope track at the ski base (2011-2015).
At the second stage (2016-2020), priority is given to further modernization of the Academy’s material infrastructure. Take measures to widely implement the results obtained in the first stage. The main attention will also be paid to the training of professional graduates, with a high degree of adaptation to the competitive environment, the formation of a socially active, self-seeking personality, with a clear focus on the interests of their country.
The main tasks are:
- Strengthening of international cooperation;
– Expanding partnerships with leading foreign universities as part of the PhD training program, internships, professional practices, two-diploma education;
– the passage of international specialized accreditation of recognized Agencies (by 2019);
– to achieve the right and conduct a winter World Universiade (2017 or 2019) in Kazakhstan. Enter the number of the strongest student sports teams.
- The relevance of specialists to the needs of the labor market
– Ensure the participation of employers at the stages of the educational process;
– to activate the labor market monitoring system for specialists in physical culture, sports and tourism;
– Develop a system for coordinating educational programs with employers;
– monitor the dynamics of the career of graduates.
- Improving the quality of education, the development of new educational programs, personnel policy.
– to ensure high quality of teaching, to increase the level of professional training of the teaching staff as a basis for guaranteeing the quality of the whole complex of educational services;
– invite leading scientists and specialists from foreign universities to conduct classes, master classes, seminars, lectures;
– to carry out training of personnel on new specialties demanded by the society;
– expand the list of proposed programs for additional professional education;
– Develop and implement a system for assessing the professional activity and quality of work of each employee and the department of the Academy;
– implement a differentiated approach to stimulate the work of teachers. To provide by 2015 a wage premium with a coefficient of 1.75 for highly professional teachers who take an active part in the creation and implementation of new information technologies.
- Improvement of educational, social and sports-mass work.
– Development of leadership potential through participation of students in public, scientific, cultural-mass, health work, in various clubs on interests;
– organization of regular inter-university, interuniversity and international competitions;
– carrying out activities aimed at improving health, providing social support and benefits to labor veterans, young teachers, students from low-income families;
– To complete the construction of out-of-town sports and recreational facilities in the Talgar and Kapchagai districts for a full rest of students and employees on weekends and holidays.
- Management of the financial system.
Formation of a stable budget and expansion of sources of financing for the implementation of tasks related to improving the quality of education and general welfare by:
– improving the quality of the services provided, the level of training of specialists, expanding the types of educational services;
– the discovery of new specialties and specialization;
-extension of the sphere of sporting and tourist services;
– Expansion of sources of financing – attraction of investments (construction of sports facilities, targeted training of personnel, retraining of coaching staff, etc.);
– regular monitoring of financial stability of the Academy:
– improving the system of remuneration of employees, including the system of material incentives;
– implementation of measures to increase the basic income received from types of paid services;
– optimization of expenses for efficient and economical use of financial resources (planning, cost control, analysis, etc.)
- Development of the material base.
– full compliance of educational, sports areas with established regulatory requirements, providing the necessary conditions for productive work;
– completion of construction of all sports facilities in accordance with the General plan for the construction and reconstruction of sports facilities KazTEST by 2018.
For the improvement and effectiveness of the Academy’s activities, regular monitoring in various areas is carried out. Monitoring is conducted in the areas of effectiveness of planning activities, the activity of teaching staff, the effectiveness of teaching, the conditions for personal development of the student, research activities and its effectiveness, material, technical, library and information resources.
Annual updates, equipment and enrichment of the Academy in all areas of the Academy (material, information and socio-cultural basis) allows students to receive high educational services that meet the requirements for the organization of training at the university, which shows the dynamics of quality improvement. The analysis of the questioning of students is discussed at the Academic Council of the Academy. Decisions made find improvement in the quality of students’ education.
The competitiveness of any institution is largely determined by the quality of the educational process or according to modern ideas – the quality of the educational services provided. As the effectiveness of the Academy and the dynamics of improving the quality of teaching, transparency and openness of the work of the Academy in all areas is revealed in the results of the VOUD (November 7, 2013 – 72.9 points), from 2010 to the present time in the National rating of universities by specialties the Academy occupies leading positions.
As one of the priority activities, the Academy carries out the processes of determining and satisfying the requirements of consumers.
The management of the Academy ensures the functioning of processes related to consumers, vocational guidance work is conducted among students in general education schools, specialized sports schools of the Youth Sports School, the Sports School, lyceums, colleges, establishing mutually beneficial relations with organizations (employers), accepting graduates, collecting information on employment ) for subsequent analysis identifies customer requirements – applicants, students and their parents, faculty and organs ations. Requirements analysis and customer satisfaction suggests new indicators of quality of educational services and the introduction of innovative technologies and teaching methods.
The Board of Trustees, created November 11, 2009, promotes the university to improve the quality of training and education of students, participating in the work to improve the material and technical base of the university helps to interact with governments, institutions and enterprises. The Board of Trustees has an important role in strengthening and expanding the corporate bonds.
This is reflected in various forms of interaction with the caregiver as the representatives of the labor market, as well as state and public bodies in the organization of dual training students, the opening of the experimental high school playgrounds, open days, presentation of grants and incentives for training at the academy and more.
1.2.7. The successes of Kazakhstan athletes in the world sports arena, the preservation and strengthening of public health, the development of priority areas of the tourism industry are closely linked with the training of professional personnel. At present, for example, in the physical education and sports industry there are 39586 full-time employees, of whom more than 8000 do not have the highest physical education. At the same time, more than 10,000 workers have pre-retirement and retirement age.
According to the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection, the projected annual demand, taking into account the implementation of President N.A. Nazarbayev on the introduction of physical culture and sports in the everyday life of Kazakhstanis, is 1500 people. Today, in all universities, except for those who have licenses for this profile, personnel for mass health-improving physical training, sports industry managers, and specialists in active tourism are not being trained. All this determines the acute need of the labor market.
To implement the mission, goals and objectives, KazAST has educational buildings, 2 stadiums, a gymnasium complex, a swimming pool, 2 out-of-town sports and tourist facilities, 6 specialized sports halls, a hotel and other facilities.
The stable financial stability of the Academy allows solving the tasks of strengthening the material and technical base and improving the welfare of employees.
The main scientific potential of the country is concentrated in the Academy, including 21 Ph.D., professor, 56 candidates of science, associate professors (48.3%).
In accordance with the program for the development of the university for 2011-2020, the mission, goals and objectives, based on the available resources, the capacity of the university and market requirements identified priorities:
– ensuring the quality of training and training of highly professional staff;
– Personnel policy;
– ensuring the integration of science in the educational process and practice of sports;
– strengthening the material and technical base;
– social support of teachers and students;
– improving the structure, style and methods of management work.