The history of the Department
Achievement of the department
Professional development of the teaching staff
Educational and methodical work
Research work of students
The Department of Social and Humanitarian Disciplines is an educational and scientific structural unit of KazAST that carries out educational, methodical, research and educational work. The department operates in the following areas:
– educational and methodical work;
– organizational and methodical work;
– research work of teaching staff;
– research work of students;
– educational work with students.
The following disciplines are taught at the department:
– Modern history of Kazakhstan;
– Information and communication technologies (in English);
– Political science;
– Culturology (in English);
– Legal regulation in the field of physical culture and sports;
– History and philosophy of science (in the magistracy).
Every year the department holds an international scientific-practical conference “Humanities and modernity”, participates in the preparation and organization of master classes, seminars, refresher courses for teaching staff of the department and the academy. On the basis of the department there are English language courses for teachers. The department collaborates with Al-Farabi University, Gumilyov University, KazNAU, Zhansugurov University, East Kazakhstan University, participating in conferences of teachers and students.
Students of the academy of all specialties are actively involved in research work at the department, delivering reports and publishing scientific articles on philosophy, political science, history of Kazakhstan, information and communication technologies, fundamentals of law, economics, etc.
Every year, teachers of the department conduct various educational events with students: Philosophy Day, wall newspaper competitions, socio-political posters, essays on socio-political and historical topics.