The history of the department of social and humanitarian disciplines is inextricably linked with the history of the Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism. Over the years, the department functioned under different names – the department of Marxism-Leninism, the department of scientific communism and political economy, the department of socio-political and humanitarian disciplines. In 2005, by uniting specialists in the field of socio-humanities, the department acquired its present name.
The initial appointment of the department was educational, scientific and educational work among students, centered around the study of Marxist-Leninist philosophy, which was the basis of the official ideology of the Soviet era. The department provided teaching courses of Marxist-Leninist philosophy, scientific communism, Marxist-Leninist ethics and Marxist-Leninist aesthetics, as well as scientific atheism, introducing students as future teachers to humanitarian and socio-economic knowledge.
In the formation and development of the department, many prominent personalities have played a significant role. For example, in the 60-70s, the head of the department of the history of the CPSU was Zhunisbek Zhumabekov, doctor of historical sciences, professor, who later became the rector of Abai KazPI. In different years of the Institute’s existence, the heads of the departments were:
– Valery Ivanovich Yakovlev – Head of the Department of Philosophy and Scientific Communism, Candidate of philosophical sciences, docent;
– Oleg Nikanorovich Belous – Head of the Department of Philosophy and Scientific Communism, Candidate of philosophical sciences, docent;
– Chapay Gabdygaliyevich Musin – head of the CPSU history department, doctor of historical sciences, professor, author of a textbook on the history of Kazakhstan;
– Zhaskayrat Aliaskarovich Bulambaev – head of the department of humanities, Candidate of philosophical sciences, professor;
– Mukhametkazy Tazhin – Candidate of Historical Sciences, docent, Head of the Department of CPSU History in the late 1990s;
– Tursun Khafizovich Gabitov – Head of the Department, Doctor of philosophical sciences, Professor, author of over 100 scientific and methodological articles, 15 monographs, one of those who were at the forefront of cultural science in Kazakhstan. Under his leadership, the first textbooks and teaching aids were published in Kazakh and Russian languages on philosophy, cultural studies, and logic.
It should be noted other representatives of the faculty, at different times working in the department:
– Dias Dzhambulov – Doctor of Political Sciences, docent of the Department in the 70s;
– Vladimir Matveevich Kozmenko – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, Academician of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Head of the Department of History, RUDN (Moscow);
– Naum I. Krengauz – Doctor of Economics, docent in the 60-70s;
– Vakhilya Serzhanovna Serzhanova – senior history teacher;
– Klara Abdygafarovna Baimukhambetova – Senior Lecturer;
– Kenes Ihsanovich Ihsanov – Candidate of Historical Sciences, Professor;
– Yerbolat Elyubayevich Taybekov – Candidate of Historical Sciences, docent, Captain of the National Team of the Institute for Chess;
– Janibek Dzhaikovich Ryspekov – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent, Master of Sports in Trap Shooting;
– Nina Nikolaevna Poletaeva – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent, author of the textbook “Sports Ethics”;
– Irina Aleksandrovna Zhuravleva – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent;
– Alevtina Ivanovna Zhukova – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent;
– Valery Ivanovich Tolmachev – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent, Commander of the SSO in the aftermath of the earthquake in the East Kazakhstan region in the late 80s;
– Stanislav Munishevich Fridman – teacher of philosophy, author of the textbook “Sociology of physical culture and sports”;
– Zaure Mergalievna Ishmukhamedova – Senior Lecturer in History;
– Larisa Izimovna Mukhamedzhanova – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences, docent;
– Amirzhan Shaltykov – Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor;
– Shoku Amirovich Amirov – Candidate of Economic Sciences, docent;
– Yury Vasilyevich Vasilyev – Candidate of Philosophical Sciences;
Some representatives of educational support staff – laboratory assistants, head of cabinets, methodologists – made a significant contribution to the organization of the educational process. Among them it should be noted a graduate of MSU N.V. Kim, B. Kabieva, A. Bekisheva, N. Shupshibaeva.
Currently, the department provides teaching of such disciplines as “Philosophy”, “Modern History of Kazakhstan”, “Political Science”, “Sociology”, “Information and Communication Technologies” (in English), “History and Philosophy of Science”, “Mathematics” .
With the transition to a new education system on credit technology, the department is developing new and modernizing readable courses, while retaining the best of experience.
With the transition to a new education system on credit technologies, the department is developing new and modernizing old courses, while maintaining the best experience.